Check us out on Social Media!
Fertilise during Autumn for a better Winter colour
Most people don’t realise this, but Autumn is a very important time of the year for your turf. It’s crucial during Autumn to prepare your lawn for Winter, as the harsh elements during this time can sometimes see your precious lawn go quite dormant, and sometimes even die off! Fertilising during late April to Early May encourages strong root development and also assists your lawn in keeping a nicer Winter colour – it also gives the lawn a greater density which helps it to to block out those awful winter weeds.
A fertiliser that has a high potassium level will give your turf greater protection heading into Winter because it increases plant cell health and structure, therefore we have a few fertilisers that we recommend, which can be picked up at your local Bunnings or gardening store.
Seasol for Lush Green Lawns
- Liquid fertiliser.
- Refreshes the lawn but also conditions the soil.
Dynamic Lifter Organic Lawn Food
- Granulated particles which release nutrients slowly.
- Particles are small enough to filter through to soil level.
Charlie Carp All Purpose Fertiliser
- Can be used for all plants & shrubs including: Lawns, Vegetables, Flowers etc.
- Contains natural oil which helps to deter garden pests
If you have any questions about your turf, call us on 1800 800 968.